7 Reasons to Choose Autogas for Your Fleet
For years, autogas – also known as liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) or propane – has been one of the best-kept secrets in vehicle fuel in North America.
But smart fleet managers are beginning to discover the autogas advantage: from FedEx’s fleet of propane-fueled Ford F-59’s to airport shuttles, school buses and hundreds of other applications across the country.
Consider these 7 benefits of choosing autogas for your fleet:
- It costs less than gasoline – Autogas is the lowest priced alternative fuel available for fleet use. Even when factor in the cost to convert your vehicles, you’ll still come out ahead in just a few years – especially when you factor in government incentives.
- You’ll spend less on maintenance – Because propane burns cleaner than gasoline, your fleet will run longer and spend less time in the shop.
- It’s available now – Propane is already produced in natural gas and oil refineries, so no new technology or capital investment is needed for the industry. All you need is a fueling station and you’re good to go.
- It’s reliable – Autogas may not be well known in the US, but it’s the third most common vehicle fuel in the world. Millions of cars worldwide have been using autogas for decades.
- It’s safe – Propane tanks are 20 times as puncture-resistant as gasoline tanks – and among alternative motor fuels, propane has the lowest flammability range.
- It’s greener than gasoline – Propane produces 60 percent less C02 and 12 percent less smog-producing hydrocarbon than gasoline.
- It’s made in the USA – More than 90 percent of the US supply of autogas is produced domestically – so every gallon you buy reduces our country’s dependence on foreign oil.
Contact Ehrhart today to learn if Autogas is right for your fleet!