Are Standby Generators Worth It?
We often talk about home comfort in terms of creating a cozy environment that’s warm in the winter and cool in the summer. But home comfort is more than that: it also means feeling safe, protected, and worry-free in your Finger Lakes-area home.
That kind of home comfort is exactly what whole house propane backup generators provide.
Power outages these days can be pretty scary – and they’re happening more frequently than ever (about twice as often as they did just a decade ago). In today’s world of centrally heated and cooled homes, wall-to-wall electronic gadgets, home health care devices, and even charge-at-home electric cars, being without power – even for a few hours – can be downright crippling or even dangerous.
But you can avoid all those problems by investing in a whole-house propane generator.
The comforting “click” of backup power
It’s hard to overstate the feeling of relief that washes over the owner of a propane generator when the unit kicks in after a power outage. If you’ve never experienced it for yourself, it’s pretty uneventful – which is exactly why it’s so great.
Within seconds after the power goes out, a backup generator fires up and restores power to your house. No fuss or hassles, no chord pulling – just a comforting click and instant normalcy. Restoring power often happens so fast that you may wonder whether or not you imagined the outage – until you look out your window and notice no light coming from your neighbor’s house.
Whole house backup generators: More important than ever
A propane backup generator is like health insurance – hopefully you’ll never need it, but if you do, you will sure be glad you have it. Depending on the size and capacity of the unit, a generator can power everything from a few simple appliances to your full HVAC system – and everything in between (see this page for more on generator sizing).
Here are just some of the benefits your propane backup generator could provide in your Ithaca-area home:
- Life-saving backup power for medical devices – A whole house generator will keep emergency medical equipment up and running.
- Flood protection – Your generator will keep your sump pump working when the power goes down.
- Security for your valuables – A whole house generator will keep home security systems running throughout the outage.
- Charging power – A whole house generator will help keep you connected to friends and loved ones by helping you keep battery operated radios, laptops, tablets and cellphones charged.
- Food preservation – Generators can keep hundreds of dollars of food from spoiling.
- Comfort – A large enough whole house generator will keep your heat, A/C and Indoor air quality equipment running.
Ehrhart installs and maintains whole-house propane generators that will help you create an all-weather action plan to keep your family protected – and comfortable – in any season.
Be prepared for any weather – contact Ehrhart Energy today for a FREE, no obligation estimate on a whole house generator for your NY home!