Breathe Easier With Bioheat®
Bioheat® has so much going for it – it burns clean (which means less wear and tear on your oil-fired heating equipment), it comes in part from renewable sources (biodiesel – a mix of fatty acids found in soy and vegetable oils, animal fats, recycled restaurant oils and other natural sources), and it can be used in existing heating oil systems without modification.
But one of the best things about Bioheat (in our humble opinions here at Ehrhart Energy) is the impact of Bioheat (or lack of it) on the environment: swap out typical No. 2 heating oil for Bioheat and you’ll dramatically reduce airborne emissions, surpassing even natural gas in this regard.
Check out these comparison numbers between Bioheat and No. 2 heating oil in terms of harmful airborne emissions:
- Sulfur oxides (especially sulfur dioxide, or SO2) – 80 percent reduction vs. No. 2 heating oil
- Nitrogen oxides (especially nitrogen dioxide, or NO2) – 20-30 percent reduction vs. No. 2 heating oil
- Carbon dioxide (CO2) – 20 percent reduction vs. No. 2 heating oil
You’ll also significantly reduce emissions of carbon monoxide, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and particulate matter emissions (particulates). Talk about coming clean!
But wait – there’s more!
Still not convinced to make the switch to Bioheat in your oil-fired Finger Lakes home? Here are three other reasons to go greener:
- Bioheat has the highest BTU content of any alternative fuel
- Bioheat costs the same as No. 2 heating oil
- You don’t have to make any changes to your heating equipment or tank to use Bioheat
Bioheat – a great choice for eco-friendly households. Want to shrink your home’s carbon footprint? Become an Ehrhart Energy customer, since every gallon of heating oil we deliver is B20 Bioheat! Contact our heating oil experts today to learn more.