Home Comfort Resolutions for 2020
Seems like just yesterday we were entering a new millennium, but believe it or not we are now into our third decade in the 21st century!
If there was ever a time to make some changes that will make you more comfortable, save you some money, and make life easier in your Finger Lakes-area home, it’s now.
Here are six home comfort promises to make yourself in 2020:
- Change your air filters – One of the best things you can do to keep the forced air heating system running efficiently and reliably is also the simplest: check your air filters regularly (at least once a month during heating seasons). A clogged filter will cost you twice – first by raising your energy bills, and second by causing unnecessary wear and tear on your equipment.
- Learn how to program your thermostat – Lower the temperature by seven to ten degrees when you’re asleep or out of the house and you could cut your bills by 10 percent or more, says the U.S. Department of Energy. The easiest way to do that? Get a thermostat and learn to use it – contact us for details.
- Be a “Smart” customer – Stressed by the ups and downs of winter heating bills? Sign up for our Smart Pay plan and enjoy the same, predictable heating bill month after month, no matter how much propane or heating oil you use. You’ll also get an automatic 5-cent per gallon discount on every gallon you buy!
- Keep your equipment healthy – Want your home heating equipment to run better for longer? Get a professional tune-up every year. Maintenance pays for itself by keeping efficiency high and repair risk low. Want even more value for your heating system upkeep? Sign up for an Ehrhart Service Plan.
- Bulk up – If you own a wood pellet boiler or wood pellet stove and still get your fuel by the bag, consider installing a bulk pellet storage container and signing up for bulk pellet delivery from Ehrhart Energy. You’ll skip the bag dragging, back-breaking work – and more importantly, you’ll have a supply of pellets on hand for the season when the inevitable shortages hit.
- Make sensible upgrades – There will come a time when replacing your heating makes more sense than repairing it. When that time comes, don’t hesitate to upgrade – the move will often pay for itself in just a few years, and provide more comfort and peace of mind along the way. Whether you use Bioheat oil®, propane, wood pellets, or wood bricks, we’ve got heating equipment that will work for your space, budget, and lifestyle – and we’ll install it quickly and correctly the first time so you can enjoy your warm home in complete comfort.
- Invest in peace of mind – Did you know that power outages are twice as common today as they were only a decade ago? A whole house propane backup generator will instantly restore power to your home in the event of an outage, keeping your food fresh, your heat on, and your family safe.
Start 2020 out right – save money and enjoy more peace of mind with expert service and equipment upgrades from Ehrhart Energy. Contact us today to learn more!