Why Is My Heat Not Coming On?
Now that the evenings are starting to cool here in the Finger Lakes, you’ll be relying more and more on your heating system to keep you comfortable as we head into fall.
But what happens if you set your thermostat for “heat” and nothing happens?
The most important thing to remember is that Ehrhart Energy has you covered with expert heating service and heating repairs in Central New York State, so we will be there if you need us.
But before you call us for service, it’s best to take few minutes to do a little troubleshooting with the heating equipment; you may find that your problem is something you can fix on your own without having to pay for a professional service call.
If you have no heat, try these five things before contacting us for service:
- Check the fuel level in your tank.
- Check all switches associated with the unit; make sure they are set for “on” or “start.”
- Check for tripped circuit breakers and blown fuses on the circuit that powers your heating system.
- Make sure your thermostat is set for five degrees warmer than the current room temperature, and that it is set to the “heat” or “warm” setting. Please note: if you have a forced air system (a heating systems with vents rather than baseboards and radiators) and the fan doesn’t go on, if could mean that your burner isn’t igniting – a problem that requires professional heating service.
- Press the reset button on the burner – but only do it once. Every time you hit the reset button and the burner doesn’t ignite, you are pumping oil into the combustion chamber of your furnace, which can be dangerous.
If your heating system still isn’t working after trying all of the above, please contact us for service right away – our expert technicians will get to the root of the problem quickly and get your heat going again as soon as possible.
For reliable, expert heating system service in Trumansburg, Lansing, Dryden, Newfield, and most of the Finger Lakes region, no one beats the pros at Ehrhart Energy. Contact us today to learn more, or to become an Ehrhart Energy customer.